Posted 25th March 2021
BOOK KEEPER/ADMIN ASSISTANT/PA
We are seeking an experienced book keeper/PA to help owner, Lucy Given, with the day to day running of 2 exciting retail stores.
Our retail business has entered an exciting new phase, and Lucy now finds herself drowning in paperwork – so she is looking for an administrative life-saver!
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/PA to assist in managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements of both stores. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multitasker, who would like to play a key role in the development of our retail business. You will be providing supportive assistance to a busy store owner who needs to concentrate on the bigger vision!
We anticipate this will be a permanent/part-time position of approximately 15-20 hours per week (hours/days are flexible) – with possible growth to full-time.
- Competent business management and software skills
- At least five years’ experience working in accounts payable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry and record keeping
- Proficiency in MYOB
- Bonus points given to having knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or WooCommerce experience
- Experience in issues related to payroll such as superannuation clearing house
- (hoping, but not expecting, that the candidate will have the potential to work creatively on a monthly newsletter to customers )
- Someone who is eager and willing to be part of a tight-knit team of hardworking and passionate women, with a collaborative and inclusive attitude
- Someone who isn’t deterred by working in an unglamorous, poky office with only chocolate to sustain them
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Complete banking when necessary
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct store MYOB records and suppliers ledger
- Enter data, maintain records, filing of reports, banking statements, supplier invoices, pay invoices and create reports and financial statements monthly
- Process accounts payable and handle payroll weekly
- Organise payments of supplier invoices with international transfers and dollar conversions
- Organise and update supplier pricelists periodically
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with just a general knack for numbers and understanding of retail principles
- Proficient in MYOB
- A great attitude and ability to work flexible hours
What LUC can offer you
A salary commensurate with experience and expertise will be negotiated
We offer a friendly, inclusive work environment within a team of talented and passionate individuals,
We offer a generous staff discount scheme in both stores.
We can be flexible with hours and family commitments
What you need to do next
Please forward written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:-
- A cover letter addressing – why and how you would be a good fit within the LUC team
- A current CV
- Details of your level of experience and skills
- Names and contact details from at least 2 professional referees
5pm April 30th 2021